In which we prepare ourselves to hitch a lift to the Mount Adams ride

A few weeks ago it was becoming apparent that the 
"Duana and Aarene go to Mt Adams Endurance Ride together" 
plan was not going to happen.


Du very correctly decided that, although young Freya was physically fit enough to complete the 50-miler at Mt. Adams, they as a team weren't ready for the challenge.

This was a good choice for Du and Freya, but it left Fiddle and me (still broke after the stupid truck may-it-rot-in-hell ate all that money and died) without a ride-share to Trout Lake.


Happy birthday, Kitty!  Also: happy anniversary
and happy Mother's Day to you!

"I've got tons of room in my trailer, and I'd love to pick your brain about endurance and Mount Adams on the drive," she said.

Well, okay then!

Today, we took Fiddle out for a quick loop with Kitty's horse Mak.


Mak is cute like the Toad was, but he is NOT a Toad.

We walked, we trotted, we cantered*, we galloped.

*Mak has a lovely canter.  Fiddle had to trot really fast to keep up with it!

We did the short upper loop so we would be able to load up Kitty's rig with all my junk and still have enough time for yoga/mountain biking (her) and brownie baking/farrier visit (me).


When Mak was "too silly" for Fiddle's taste, she would swish her tail at him
to say "cut it out, boyo!"

What a nice day for a ride.  And we even missed all most of the rain!

Happy riding smiles are the best kind

The gear is mostly packed.  The horses are mostly ready.  I can't wait to go to camp!

Comments

  1. That pic where she's grinning in the saddle, and you can see his profile, he looks like B! At least in the face, I'm not sure B had a dorsal stripe and a short back. I'm drooling, I want a bay horse so badly. J shouted to Mag today, "Hey Mag! What's up? Why so green?"

    Now I must go reapply sunscreen to my horse's pink nose.........*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does resemble B (Toad)--similar blaze, although the Toad's entire nose was white (pink--and prone to sunburn AND to blisters!). And the white feet on Toad were in back not front. But the body shape and a lot of the facial expressions were very familiar. :-)

      I told Kitty that it was nice to ride with a horse who reminded me of the old guy without actually having to ride the horse who ka-boings everywhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts