In which another Yule Log video is posted and we relax

The trails were especially pretty today.


The sun was shining (kinda), and it wasn't raining or cold or windy.  

I had gotten up early because it's hard to breathe when every plant in the world feels the Urgent Need to Pollinate. Heavily. Right. Now, and I didn't need to be at work until after noon.

So of course, I went riding.


Fiddle and I are up to about 90 minutes per session, and I'm starting to add in more trot intervals.  But it's still mostly walking.

And it occured to me, as we walked along these pretty trails on this pretty day, that listening to the clop-a, clop-a, clop-a, clop-a of her feet is pretty good medicine.

I got out the camera.



Call it a "Yule Log" video, if you like.  I was certainly thinking of lytha in Germany as I filmed the various segments, because she loves the Yule Log.

I think we could all use a little trail time, sometimes.  Just listening to the sounds of Fiddle striding along makes me happier.  I hope it makes you happy, too.


I'm going to re-post this video in the middle of Winter, when we are all going crazy to ride in sunshine again.  But you don't have to wait.  You can watch it now...as many times as you like.

If you want to make a game of it, try to spot the following:

TREES
  • Western Red Cedar
  • Hemlock
  • Douglas Fir
  • Vine maple
  • Alder
  • Cottonwood
FLOWERS
  • Thimbleberry blossom
  • Blackberry blossom
  • Salmonberry blossom
  • Shasta daisy
  • Oregon grape
  • Buttercup
  • Forget-me-not
BIG WEEDS
  • Thimbleberry
  • Blackberry 
  • Salmonberry
  • Stinging nettle
  • Sword fern
  • Horsetail
  • Bracken fern
  • Devil's club
BIRDS
  • ????  Little brown jobs
  • ????  Bigger brown jobs

4-LEGGED
  • Chipmunks
  • Squirrels
  • Frogs (song only)
  • Bears (not appearing in this movie)


Enjoy riding the Dragon, y'all.

Comments

  1. I'm curious: did you get a go-pro, or are you just holding a camera in your hand? Pretty steady. Wish I trusted myself to go out alone. Used to, once upon a time, in the-middle-of-nowhere, Montana...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no Go-Pro, just my faithful handheld.

    Riding with a group keeps me happy, riding solo keeps me sane!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts