In which my alter-ego briefly absconds with the Haiku Farm Blog

I have a terrible confession to make.

Haiku Farm is not my only blog.

I actually write two blogs: one about the farm, and the other....

well....

...the other blog is titled "Sex in the Library."

The other blog is all about selection policies and mission statements of public libraries and school libraries, and why those two things are different.

Of course, selection policies and mission statements are boring. I know that.

That's why I write Sex in the Library--it's my attempt (with the help of my SITL partner, school librarian Mary Jo Heller), to make boring stuff into interesting stuff.

To do that, we review books written for teens that have sexual content or deal with sexual situations. We also travel to various conferences and conventions to talk about Sex in the Library and how more people should have it. Most of our readers are teen librarians and authors of teen books.

Except when I accidently send a SITL blog post to the Haiku Farm blog site.

Oops.

So, if you're one of the confused Haiku Farm readers wondering what the heck that PINK post was that blipped briefly onto the screen, there's the answer.

And hey, if you ever want to know more about Sex in the Library and how to have some, you can visit the other blog here.

Comments

  1. I'm kinda surprised it wasn't purple!

    As a kid who read just about everything, including some choices that raised eyebrows at the checkout counter, I understood the connection between sex and history, sex and biology, sex and dragons... you know, all the serious subjects... oh, pirates too.

    The one thing I couldn't be paid to read was "Young Adult" stories set in high schools and suburbia.

    It sounds like the genre has grown up a little.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, Monica, if you haven't read teen books in the past ten years, you've been missing out!

    I recommend Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (excellent dystopian stuff) and East by Edith Pattou (a retold fairy tale), and the Bloody Jack series (ripping historical adventures on the high seas, with pirates too!)

    I wish there were some good teen/horse books but if there are, they have eluded me. Will somebody please WRITE ONE?!? (or better yet, write a bunch!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! What a great idea doing the reviews and the blog. I have 13 year old twin boys that are voracious readers. I think it might be a good idea for me to check out your other blog and get with the teen scene. :)

    Thanks!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts